Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Family, Friends, Dogs, and Giving Thanks.

I am sitting here on this cold Wednesday with absolutely nothing to do. I have been without work for 3 weeks now and I'm not sure the house can get more organized or any cleaner. I do have permission to start packing up the house now that it is December, but I think I will save that until next week. As of January 9th, we need to be out of this house. Where are we moving to you ask? The answer is we don't know yet. Hopefully we move to the PA/NY vicinity. We are thinking of moving in with my Gram Sahli, she is lonely and we would love to live at her house for awhile.

Can you tell I have nothing to do?
Anyway, last week was the Thanksgiving holiday, and Hilary and I had some visitors. Here they are.



As you can see, we had a lot of fun. They came for the whole week because Shelley was off because of hunting season in WV. Apparently bus drivers won't show up to work on the first week of rifle season. PA schools are off for one day for the same reason. Anyway, we had a lot of fun. We ran the dogs and ourselves, we ate good food, went hiking, and enjoyed each others company relaxing. Andrew and I went biking, Shelley and I made food for Thanksgiving day early so Hilary could relax, and we ran on Thanksgiving morning. Then we ate.

In attendance was Andrew and Shelley, myself and Hilary, my friend Ryan and his wife Virginia, and a guy from work, Jay. No parents allowed. We ate turkey, two types of stuffing, mashed potatoes, carrots, sweet potato bake, homemade bread, and three pies. It was wonderful. We did miss the rest of our families, but due to Hilary working and her limited time off we couldn't make the trip. It is our prayer that we will be living close to them all very soon.

That was last week. This week I am applying to jobs, getting excited for the future (although nervous), and Christmas shopping online.

Today I am posting a blog update, eating, doing one load of laundry, and maybe just reading. Before I go I must upload some pictures, so enjoy.





1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love this! You should most to Pittsburgh! Or thereabouts. We'd love to see you! And it looks like your Thanksgiving was wonderful