Saturday, April 18, 2009

Catching You Up to Speed!

It has been a while since either of us has posted, and I've had a lot of things I've wanted to say! We're three weeks from the end of the semester, and Dan is only two weeks from his Pinning Ceremony. (Pinning Ceremony sounds kind of "Bye-bye Birdie" to me, but it's what Aurora does for it's GWC graduates.) We have just made plans with Dan's parents for a visit -- they are going to fly out to celebrate Dan's graduation with us! Hopefully, the weather will be as lovely as it is today. Believe it or not, it is 70 degrees.

So, a few pictures to sum up what April has been like.



A few weeks ago, Dan was informed that he was being honored with an award. Being the modest guy that he is, he didn't even want to tell his parents that he was voted Recreation Student of the Year! I had to spread the news. We went to an award ceremony where Dan received his award. Here's the proof:



Congratulations, Dan!

Last week, the school that I sub at had a spring break for an entire week and a day. In my sudden abundance of time, I went to a yarn store in Madison, worked on projects, took a Praxis exam, and made Dan an apron. Here he is wearing it.



He's actually cutting up our Easter ham. Easter was the first major holiday we celebrated by ourselves in our married life. We tried to fill it up with church. In two days we went to 3 services -- Saturday community, the sunrise service, and regular old church on Easter. A beautiful, beautiful day filled with hope. Compared to our normal family celebrations, it was quiet -- and there wasn't quite as much food. Thanks to self timer, here's a picture of the two of us.



As you can see, Dan is starting with the apple pie.

There is still more to come, but I need to start on my homework. Alas. Soon and very soon I'll have a more peaceful schedule.

No comments: