Monday, January 12, 2009

Cold? Oh please, I sunbathe in this

Today was my first day back to work in a little over a month. I honestly think that has been the longest period in my life that I have gone without working (getting a paycheck) since the summer of 1997 with the exception of my time at NOLS. There was much work to be done and I didn't accomplish a lot of it. We have two new GA's working with us so we showed them around and got them oriented to life in the office, hence, little real work. I have had many days of work since the summer of 1997. I did work before the summer of 1997, but not full-time. I have worked growing up since I was probably around 9 years old. I mowed the grass of two neighbors during the spring/summer/fall and shoveled snow in the winter for whoever would give me money after I shoveled their walk and driveway. Clever huh?

Speaking of snow, the last few days here have been amazing! We have been graced with multiple inches of snow and there are advisories for the rest of the week! We are to get a few more inches of snow and the temperature is going to drop.

The possibilities...



I only live .8 miles from work, but the next four days I get to bike to work in those temperatures.

Dear Lord, please let the car start for Hilary and please allow me to live in those temperatures. Amen.

No comments: